http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol0kSbk5y4I
GOOD MONDAY morning people!!!! I woke up to the distinct sound of Ross Matthews he was doing fashion 360 from the Emmy's last night. He is today's Joann Worley... Love Ross. He knows our Colony and I think (it's a secret, doesn't know it yet himself) wants to come out an play... $5.00 fun at Target? I know that when he got to meet Queen Janine, he was awestruck ... as we all are.
Waving silly arms at Nebby, Ami, Nancy, Lois Lane, SVJ, Janine and Lilly, Malea, Jpeanut Butter, Aliya, Craig, Elliot's Friend, {{{{{{{Heidi}}}}}}, Tresa LOVE YOU!!!!, DR Donna, Kolony Kat, Robin, Beck, Donna VC Girl, Steph- Have a GREAT week, Erin xoxo, Renee, Elizabeth Mitchell, Ginger, Glo, Jazzy,Scrappysmom, Heady, TLJ Jean, Sweeet Pea, Cathy, just another Sparrow, Teri, Dee, Dawn, Lydia, Cathy, Susan, ANT... forgive me if I left YOU out... I am still quaking while waking to the strains of Ross. MUAH! Maybe we could do Colony 360, Ross! (I am not going to participate, but God bless anyone who does!)
Nursing my second cup of coffee, the first thing I thought of was YOU.
OH my goodness. How is it that life is bumping along and suddenly you feel the ground come out from beneath you?
This is inappropriate... or maybe not. I am typing along, thinking about songs... and someone in my family (who I love dearly) was calling. Picking up the phone, the voice on the other end was in distress. Two people I love very, very much have suffered a huge loss today. All of my friends, Ami, Beck... so many... have had recent experience with this. They suffered a profound loss and I was jolted into 'what can I do?', 'how can I help?'... those were my thoughts, but honestly... all I could say was I'm so sorry. I don't want to go into detail because it is so new, a shock... and it's really about them. They have not dealt with everything that is in front of them yet. I also know, there is really nothing I can do... but pray.
Why do we think we can fix life when it isn't meant to be fixed? (this is back to my original thought). I was waking up to Ross.... "Hellllll-LOooo" and decided to check my face place. I wanted to hear music, so I go to You Tube where all good things end up.
There was a 'vid.' that was dated March 28, 2010. Two Sparrows in a Hurricane.... I remember the day, and where my heart was. I had no idea... not the slightest clue that the words would take on their own meaning with the wind storm in my path.
I remember dates like time stamps on my heart. March 28, life was going along. We were involved in our amazing church Passion Play. It was my second year with this family of friends.. The people who joined hearts, and God given talents were a special family. God saw to it to place 'people in my corner' literally who would become lifelines. Something told me as we gathered together to pray and watch the miracle unfold... a good example would be when the power went out on Saturday afternoon, prior to the biggest attendance predicted and stayed off for 15 minutes at a time with only little spaces of time with power in between... we had a plan 'B' in place. All of the preparation, all of the human energy was possibly at the mercy of whatever force was insinuating itself in this important message. This wasn't the first year something 'fearful' had come into play. One year a packed house... heard the blaring fire alarms, because of the smoke machine used in the performance (at a critical moment in this story) and people were being instructed to exit the building, by an automated, but FIRM voice. Calm was key and while one of the cast members (who was also on staff) fixed the issue, the Pastor got up and spoke about someone not wanting us to be here. The alarms went off at precisely the moment the message was being shared. This past year -when the power was out- in the pitch black (hot) Sanctuary, we were told as a group, plan "B" was.... if at any point the lights go out, stand still, do not move, wait. (Interesting metaphor) We thought about the HUGE orchestra, the choir, the audience and of course the actors. Standing still in the dark was tricky. The point is... the lights were on and off for the better part of an hour, and as we gathered in 'the corner'... the family that had been blessing my heart for the past two years... stood in awe. We knew we could not force the lights on or off. We knew all we could do was trust God. My little family, prayer circle Verlyn, my precious gift... Verlyn, Robin, Yolanda, Carol, many others. When I couldn't see what was ahead of me, God saw. When the path was BLACK and dark, He knew I was going to need these people. On this day, we wondered (with calm acceptance) would the power remain on for the length of the play? This was the first of two, performances that day. People were there to see this performance, some traveled great distances. Months of preparation, time invested... but that wasn't even the point. Our small little corner, gathered quietly in the wings behind the black drape, linking together. We prayed. I can see now how every moment, every piece was perfectly orchestrated. How the time spent in practice, being ourselves, sharing our hearts, coming together was all part of this great big picture. Well, this isn't the end of the story. The picture is still being created. The story is still being written. But I can see without a doubt how I have been blessed as my picture develops, by those who have gathered around... lent me a shoulder, sent me a note, said a prayer, shared a laugh.
The day of the blackouts, plan "B" and our prayer circle... was the most special day. The house lights went dim for us to take our places. They went up with the swells of the orchestra, the gifted narrator. The power was on. I like to imagine it was just a reminder. We were blessed with power, but we had no control over this situation. Life throws us things we can't anticipate. I believe every one is there to help strengthen us, or our FAITH.
The point of this was... on March 28,2010, I was blindly going about my life, not able to see in the dark. Strangely, it was Easter Sunday 2010 (the day after the power went out) when a crack appeared in my life and light streamed in. The first thing I did (although I was in terrible emotional shape, and don't remember all of the details) was call my 'family' in the corner. I asked for prayer. It's all I knew to do.
I am still on dark path, but the light is getting brighter every day. It is only because I am not alone, trusting myself to possess any answers.
I am so grateful for the love, direction, shelter, support, smiles, companionship... so many things. You know you are part of my story if you are reading this. I thank you.
God Bless you and keep you... until then (was it Roy Rogers? maybe not, I'll find out) I will look forward to seeing 'you... here... there.... or in the air' xoxo
Typo's and missing words aside.... SENDING YOU LOVE TODAY.
ReplyDeleteI am praying you have POWER in your day.
and the quote:
Could be Tennessee Ernie Ford.... or Minnie Pearl... I am sure it wasn't Roy Rogers... he was strictly Happy Trails!
Love you Janine! Wish there was more I could do. We are moving tomorrow so after that will be a bit more settled. I am INSISTING on tea/coffee! Love you so. I KNOW you will get through this it won't and isn't easy. Life is hard I guess and we are given what we are able to handle. Have a wonderful week! xoxo
ReplyDelete